We’re getting new flooring, paint, and furniture, along with reconfiguring the layout of the library to better suit your needs.
Renderings of the changes are now available to view at the Main Library.
The Sunnyland Branch will remain open.
- March 21: Holds cannot be placed for pickup at either WDL location. Any holds that have already arrived or are in transit may still be picked up. You can also place holds for pickup at other libraries. When placing holds online, simply select your preferred pickup library. When placing holds by phone, be sure to specify the pickup library.
- March 24: Book drops at both WDL locations closed. Please keep any items you have checked out at home or return them to another area library. Any materials checked out at WDL that are due after March 24 will automatically have their due dates extended to May 31.
- March 30: Last day the Main Library will be open.
- March 31: Main Library closed.
- Late April: Official reopening announcement.
- May 3: Tentative reopening date for Main Library.
- Most of our usual library services can still be accessed at the Sunnyland Branch while the Main Library is closed.
- Ebooks and audiobooks are available through Libby/Overdrive and Axis 360.
- We will continue to have virtual programs on Facebook.
- Sunnyland Branch hours during renovation:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 9-5
- Tuesday/Thursday: 12-8
- Saturday: 9-1
OUR CLOSEST LIBRARY NEIGHBORS
Fondulac District Library Phone: 309.699.3917 400 Richland St, East Peoria
Illinois Prairie District Public Library Phone: 309.921.5074 208 E Partridge St, Metamora
Morton Public Library Phone: 309.263.2200 315 W Pershing St, Morton