You can keep up-to-date with your library account by signing up via Shoutbomb at this link. Please note that while the Library does not charge a fee to use the Shoutbomb service, your mobile phone service plan standard text messaging rates apply.
For those patrons who are unable to come into the library due to injury or illness, either temporary or permanent, the library offers home delivery on a bi-weekly schedule. Contact Lisa at (309) 745-3023 (Monday-Wednesday and Friday) or (309) 444-2241 (Thursday) for more information.
Computers and Wi-Fi
There are multiple computers available at both libraries to be used for Internet access. All computers have Microsoft Office installed.
Internet computers may be used for one hour and if no one is waiting, the time may be extended for an additional hour. Anyone with a library card from any Central Illinois library may use the library computers. Guest passes are available for adults 18 and over who do not have a library card.
Anyone under the age of 18 years must have a parent come into the library to sign an Internet agreement before access is allowed.
Printing is available from the Internet computers at a cost of $0.10 a page for black and white and $0.25 a page for color. Color printing is only available at the Main Library.
Wireless Internet access is available at the Main and Branch Library locations at no charge.
Copying, Laminating and Fax Services
- There is a self service copier at both the Main and Branch libraries for limited numbers of copies. For large numbers of copies and color copies, originals may be left at the Main Library and the copies will be made for you. Allow up to 3 days. Cost is 10 cents per copy for black and white and 25 cents a page for color copies.
- Laminating service is offered at the Main Library. Items may be left at the Main Library (in the Children’s Department) and will be done by the library staff at a cost of 50 cents a linear foot. Depending on availability, items may not be laminated immediately.
- Fax fees are $1.00 per page to send or receive (international rates are higher).Main Library fax number: (309) 444-4711
Branch Library fax number: (309) 745-3023
Meeting and Study Rooms
- There is a meeting room that will accommodate approximately 85 seated individuals at the Main Library. The room may be used by non-profit organizations during regular library hours and requires a reservation.
- The library has a large study room that will seat approximately 12 individuals or it can be divided into two smaller rooms using the portable wall. The room may be used for quiet study or by persons who may need to hold quiet conversations. The room is available on a first come/ first served basis if it is not in use or reserved.
- For more information for guidelines on use, refer to our Policy Manual.
- To request a meeting or study room reservation, please fill out the Meeting and Study Room Reservation Form, found below. Return the completed form to the Main Library either in person, by email to email@example.com, by fax, or by mail. Please note that room requests are not guaranteed and are not considered confirmed until you have been notified by library staff.
Residents may register to vote at either library by bringing in two forms of identification; at least one must be a picture ID and at least one must have the current address of the person applying. The completed forms are sent to Tazewell County and voter registration cards will be issued by them.
For your convenience, there is a drive-up window at the Main Library where items that have been placed on hold may be picked up and checked out. Please call ahead so that the library staff has your items available at the window. We would appreciate if you would conduct all other library business by coming into the library to complete your transactions or activities.
Tours and Group Visits
Groups may schedule a visit to either the Main or Sunnyland Branch Library. Clubs, schools, day cares, scouts and other groups are welcome. This service can be tailored to fit the needs of a group. Call 444-2241 at least two weeks in advance to schedule a group visit.