Good morning, many of you have seen or heard rumors that someone who works at Washington District Library has tested positive for COVID-19.
The staff and Board of Trustees of Washington District Library recognize the importance of safety above all else at this time. In an effort to make the library as safe a place as possible for our staff and our community, we are doing the following things every day:
- Cleaning the library every night.
- Utilizing social distancing and wearing masks, per CDC guidelines.
- Quarantining returned library items for seven days.
- Wearing gloves when handling returned items.
- Wearing gloves when handing items to patrons at the drive-through window or at the curb.
- Keeping the building closed to the public during Phase 3 of Restore Illinois.
If someone in the library were to have a confirmed positive test for COVID-19, whether that person were a library staff member or not, we would take the following additional measures:
- That person would not return to the library until their self-quarantine had ended, per CDC recommendations.
- The library would receive an additional disinfecting deep clean.
We value the safety and health of our community and our staff, and we want to continue to be a part of our community, in the safest way possible.