Washington District Library is resuming regular hours on June 29 with some changes to keep staff and patrons safe.
- Masks must be worn by patrons and staff at all times.
- Patrons and staff are expected to practice social distancing (6 feet apart) whenever possible.
- Limited capacity at both libraries.
- Meeting room and study rooms are closed.
- In-person programming is suspended.
- Games, toys and most seating have been removed to promote social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Public services are disinfected hourly.
- Limited computers to promote social distancing.
- Returned items are quarantined for 3 days. Items will remain on your card for that period.
- Indoor bookdrops are unavailable; outdoor bookdrops remain open.
Late Fee Free
To coincide with reopening, WDL is going late fee free!
- Existing late fees from WDL are being erased.
- Anything checked out at WDL will not accumulate late fees, except equipment (like Rokus and mobile hotspots).
- This applies to anything checked out at WDL no matter where the item is from, where you have a library card, or where the item is returned.
- Items not returned two weeks after the due date are considered “lost” and are charged to the patron’s account until the item is returned.
- WDL can’t accept money for fees from other libraries.