Title: Adult Services Manager
General Description: The Adult Services Manager will be responsible for the management of Adult Services at the Main and Branch Libraries. They will oversee collection development and programming in the Adult Services department as well as supervise the Technology Coordinator and library pages. They will work in collaboration with the Library Director to help improve current operations and plan for future services. They will be expected to spend some of the week working at the library’s service points.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Purchase print, AV, electronic, and other materials for the adult collection.
- Organize and maintain the adult collection, including weeding.
- Organize, supervise, and conduct adult programming.
- Plan and prepare publicity for programs and special activities.
- Instruct and assist patrons in the use of the collection, including electronic resources.
- Assist patrons with computers and devices.
- Supervise adult services staff and pages.
- Read professional literature to keep aware of current library trends and upcoming library materials of note.
- Attend relevant meetings, conferences, and workshops, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Director to help improve current operations and plan for future services.
- Due to the size of the library staff, the all employees will be asked to help with day-to-day library tasks, as needed, including, but not limited to checking out materials for patrons and opening/closing the library.
Requirements: Candidates should have a Master’s Degree in Library Sciences from an accredited university. A combination of relevant experience and education may be substituted in exceptional circumstances. Candidates must also have at least three years’ experience working in a public library. Supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Website design/management experience is preferred but not required.
Pay and Benefits:The Adult Services Manager will receive health insurance benefits for the employee, three weeks of paid vacation, and an employer contribution to IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund). The starting salary is $45,240 annually.
Work Schedule: 37 hours per week. Must work weekends as needed and one evening per week.
About the Library: Washington District Library serves a population of approximately 24,000 and has an operating budget of approximately $1.3 million. WDL has a branch library and main location and is located about fifteen minutes away from Peoria, IL.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Library Director Lexie Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until November 6, 2020.