General Description: Works an average of 10-15 hours per week.
- High school diploma. Some college of business school is preferred.
- 2 years of office experience including bookkeeping, payroll, accounting, etc…
- Type with accuracy and neatness.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant computer programs.
- Library employees must be able to life and carry items weighing up to 30 lbs. They must be able to reach high library shelves and bend, as needed. A stool can be used, if needed. They must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
80% of the bookkeeper’s time will be directed toward organizing and maintaining bookkeeping records including, but not limited to:
- Checking account
- Federal and state forms, including W-2 forms
10% of the bookkeeper’s time will be directed toward maintaining business files for audit and tort liabilities.
10% of the bookkeeper’s time will be used for miscellaneous responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of the monthly board report.
- Work with IMRF to ensure library compliance with relevant rules and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate state and federal notices are on display in the library staff area as required by law.
- Liaise with employee insurance companies (i.e. health insurance, life insurance, etc…)
- Maintain personnel records
Supervision: Reports to the Director.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Lexie Walsh, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until July 31, 2020.