On June 15, 1927 the Washington Mother's Club opened a public library in a room of the City Hall. In 1937, the township voters approved taxes to support the library. When it outgrew the City Hall in 1950, a new library was built at 301 Walnut. An addition to that building was built in 1970. The Sunnyland Branch opened in the Plaza in 1975 to better serve the entire area. In October 2007, the main library moved to its current location in Five Points Washington.